Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hera Mineral BB Cream

Hera is a Korean brand under the mother company Amore Pacific Corporation. Some of you may have heard of Amore Pacific skin care as they have just recently released their American line to the major chain store Sephora. Amore (pronounced A-mor-reh) have high end, mid-range, and low end products to suit every shopper's budget. Amore Pacific, Sul-wah-soo (sold at Bergdorfs), and Hera are their high end line. Iope and Mamonde are their mid range lines. Most commonly known are Etude and Laniege which are on their lower end. I would say they are priced on par with like Revlon and Neutrogena.

I apologize for the mini informative session on Amore Pacific but now when you hear of these products at least you will know which mother company they are from!

Okay now on to the actual product: Hera Mineral BB Cream. Here is what the package looks like... I am using #2 Natural Beige. This product comes in 2 colors #1 Bright Beige and #2 Natural Beige. Natural Beige is the darker of the two and may be a tad bit light for my skin but it works after I set with powder. Just for reference my skin color is equivalent to MAC's NC 25. Lighter during the winter months and darker during the summer months.



Here is what the tip looks like



When you squeeze out the product it comes out a bit thinner consistency than some other BB creams. Also, something to note is if you just leave this BB cream laying around for while make sure to shake it so the mixture doesn't come out separate (oil and product). As you can see the product comes out already colored and it suits my yellow skin tone well, no grayish cast.



So I swiped it twice on my skin and you can see it starts to blend in. (Sorry you can see my thermal long-sleeve imprint on my hand, I just woke up from a nap... keke)



And here is what it looks like when I fully blend it in with my fingers.



The finish on this BB Cream actually dries into more of a slight powdery form. It leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and not sticky at all. The coverage is pretty light but can be slightly built up. If you have a lot of acne or scarring that you are trying to cover, this probably is not the BB Cream for you. I have slight pigmentation from previous acne but I find that this BB cream has sufficient coverage for what I'm looking for in a daily face BB Cream. I love that it has a very light finish and doesn't make me feel like I have a lot of product on my face. I put enough products on my face: serum, toner, lotion, sunscreen, and by the time I put on my face coverage the last thing I want is a heavy product. I have sensitive skin and this did not irritate my skin. One thing to avoid is trying more than one new product at a time, especially if you have sensitive skin like mine.

I really like the way this product smells although I can see how it may be too fragrant for some. It has a medium floral scent that will last for a while. This can be a good thing if you like the smell like me, but if you find it overly fragrant, it may annoy you.

There are benefits to mineral face products like this... think bare escentuals! It is supposed to provide your skin with moisturizing proponents as well as  naturally sourced minerals to keep your skin in "comfortable" condition. Did I mention it is SPF 40 as well?!

For application: I lightly dot this product all over my face lightly and then slowly blend it in. I start from inside my face and blend outwards using small circular motions. I use my regular go to powder with a soft powder brush to set my face and then I'm out the door.

I would definitely recommend this product! I would say the only  I noticed is that by the third or fourth hour I can definitely see the oil start to build up on my face. But that is nothing a bit of blotting paper and some light powder cannot fix.

BB Cream Rating: 3.75 out of 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment